Love Vanilla Cake? Here is a quick moist vanilla cake recipe for you butter-heads:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 3 teaspoon vanilla syrup or extract
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- dress to impress, either with chopped nuts, almonds or fresh fruits. You also use some of our cake decorating ideas.
Cake Baking Instructions
- Take two, 8 or 9″ round pans and grease them for easy cake release at the end.
- Put butter and sugar in a mixer-grinder while adding egg yolks, one at a time and mix properly.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Measure buttermilk and add alternately to butter/sugar mixture, in three additions, starting and ending with flour.
- Mix in vanilla syrup or extract.
- In a completely dry bowl, whip egg whites until there are stiff peaks formed. Fold egg whites into batter to loosen, until no white streaks remain.
- Pour into greased round-shaped pans and bake for good 22-25 minutes at 350ºF. You can also check if its baked well or not by poking toothpick into the cake and see if it comes out clean.
- Cool-off baked cake at a wrack for about 10 minutes, and end-result will definitely show whether you did a perfect job with moist vanilla cake recipe or not
Vanilla Cake Recipe Tips & Suggestions
- When you try to bake a cake with layers, cut out circles of parchment or waxed paper to fit the bottom of the pan, then grease the round-shaped pan before and after placing them in the oven.
- Pour the batter (semi-liquid mixture) as peer layers and bake appropriately.
- Loosen the edges of the cake once baked, with a knife to remove and flick onto the cooling wrack.
- Remove waxed paper from the base of cake right away and let it cool down.
- Now you can decorate or layer the moist vanilla cake recipe as per your requirement.